Featured Post

Requiem for the Belle Epoque

So who is this guy who posts an entire blog about women wearing long leather coats? Find out in the following memoir... I contently g...

Monday, June 1, 2020

Writer's Block

Greetings to you, the few hundred people who follow this blog.  I hope that my sporadic postings here are unique and cause some delight.  I write now to vent some frustration at my difficulties writing stories.  My muse is still with me: the sleek lady in the long leather coat will ever swish through my imagination, or hold my hand on a rare date night with my wife buttoned up in lambskin.  The stress and hectic pace of the past couple years seem to have taken a toll on my creativity.  I still have lots of ideas.  I've had several partially written stories for my character Maxy Coates in the works for a couple years now.  The time and inspiration to get them done is what is lacking.  Even with some extra time to write during the recent COVID 19 pandemic I find myself staring at the screen unable to put the thoughts into words, or caught up for hours on end researching minute details on the Internet instead of moving on with the story-writing.  Maybe I am just tired.  I do spend a lot of time in front of a keyboard at work.  Regardless, I endeavor to bring more tales of the lady in the leather coat to life, but life seems to have dulled my ability to render her beauty in words.  

5 comments:

  1. Be easy on yourself. You do this blog as a labour of love. Thank you for the effort. Those of us who appreciate the beauty of a woman in a full length leather coat are very grateful.

    You and your family stay healthy and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And you are right; I would do this even if nobody else saw it. It's just what I do- just not as prolifically anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your inspiration to be reborn! I’ve followed your blog for a long time, and I love your portrayal of the leather creaking and how the leather protects the heroine. I love the scene when Maxi Coates stormed through the rain and accomplished her mission.
    Personally, I love seeing a leather clad woman in rain. I also asked my wife to dress in leather from head to toe. At first, I could only appreciate her beauty at home, or on cold, sunny days. Later as we accidentally ran into a rainy day without umbrellas, I discovered the beauty of leather garments under harsh weather. Of course, the expensive leather garments are valuable to us, but we just couldn’t stop reliving such moment. I could never have enough of her expensive, creaking and dripping leathered moments. We also found it attractive when she was lying on the lawn or leaning on the wall in her leather coat. At first I feared the risk of scratching the expensive leather, but later I realized it was the perfect way to reflect her independence and carefree poise. I didn’t want her leather garments to be perfect and spotless; instead, they should be “tortured” by the lady. To me, all those minor scratches on her leather are reminders of our sweet memories and her bravery, as we’re not afraid of “weathering” the leather anymore.
    Anyway, I hope my experience could help you with your writing. I look forward to seeing more adventures that Maxi Coates would go through in her creaking leather garments, and how her treacherous adventure would weather her armor gracefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cuirbouilli! Just like yours, my muse also enjoys wearing leather. Like I mentioned, she likes wearing her leather garments mercilessly. We are a millennial couple that like those classic leather garments!
    I don’t know if you could understand this hobby. But a cold, attractive woman in her tormented leather garment is a breathtaking sight.
    I first fell in love with such buffoonery when I watched Underworld as a teenager. When Kate Beckinsale wore her leather outfit in the pouring rain, I was shocked. Shocked by the beauty of a cold, strong woman, stading in the pouring rain. Throughout the movie, Selene killed her enemies in her leather/latex suit, and the suit gradually got more and more scratches and blemishes; while Selene remained unhurt.So I decided to find my muse in leather, and also in the storm and the pretty blemishes on the expensive leather.
    Luckily, my dear partner quickly fell in love with leather after I told her my fantasy. What’s even better, she could turn totally merciless when inside her leather. She has a $4000 leather trench coat, and she would just wear the coat everywhere. Once we were dining in a restaurant, for some reason she accidentally spilled some of the iced water on the collar. She never bothered to wipe off the water, the water just remained and slowly traveled down, leaving a streak on the leather. Then, I just realized she’s the one in my life. A cruel beauty in her impermeable leather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cuirbouilli, just hoping that you will regain your inspiration! We go back a long time you and me... from a long distance but sharing the same passion for leather on good looking ladies. Do go on, I'm still around. Cheers, Bootsieboy :)

    ReplyDelete