Featured Post

Requiem for the Belle Epoque

So who is this guy who posts an entire blog about women wearing long leather coats? Find out in the following memoir... I contently g...

Thursday, April 7, 2016

She was the most beautiful image I saw that night, and I hadn't even entered the museum yet

Speaking of the fine arts, I stopped by the art museum one evening in 2002.  I had not been there in years. It was extremely cold out. As I walked to the front door the very first person I saw was a beautiful lady in a black leather coat!  Slender and graceful, she was a very lovely woman in her forties. Her short blond hair was hidden under a stylish black hat with a narrow brim. Her elegant body was enclosed in an ankle-length leather coat! She was buttoned in shiny black leather from her neck to her feet. The notched collar was partly turned up around her neck. Black leather gloves and polished patent leather boots completed her marvelous outfit. 

She was the most beautiful image I saw that night, and I hadn't even entered the museum yet! She opened one of the doors with her leather gloved hand, and let it fall shut behind her as I quickened my pace to catch up.

Inside the museum lobby she tugged her gloves off of her hands and pushed them into her coat pockets. Her leather coat had no belt and rippled in shiny creases as
she walked, taking her hat off. Her coat sleeves had two buttons on each cuff. It was slightly fitted on her narrow form. She made her way a short distance down the hall, and stopped at a table outside of a lecture hall. Apparently someone was going to give a talk, and that is what she had come for. Getting a closer look at her, she was very attractive. She looked well educated, and had a sophisticated air about her that reflected the way she dressed. Placing her hat on the table, she began to ask the women sitting there some questions. As she spoke she started to unbutton her leather coat. Her coat had many buttons down a single placket, so it took several seconds before she had it completely unfastened. She wore a simple silk top and a dark brown blazer beneath her coat. Laughing at something as the conversation ended, she recovered her hat and turned to the lecture hall. As she disappeared into the room her black leather coat flowed in shiny waves around her. Had I attended that lecture, I would not have been able to concentrate on anything at all but this wonderful lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment